Google+ Followers

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Moon and Star Cookie Ornaments

It was December 1994 when I saw these cookie ornaments in my Martha Stewart magazine. LOVED them! I promptly ordered the copper cookie cutters and knew that someday I would make these cookie ornaments. 2 years ago, in 2011, I finally did it!!! Yeah I know it took me 17 years ( and I had no idea it would take me that long to do it), but the point is I saved the magazine all those years and I MADE them! Click HERE for more information and for other ideas of what you can make with these cookie cutters.

What is amazing to me is that this magazine is selling for $17.35 on Ebay!  The cookie cutters are selling on Ebay from anywhere from $30 - $60. I'm pretty sure I only paid $5.00 each plus postage.

I knew I liked that magazine issue!  :)







I ordered 3 sizes of silver dragees from the internet and bought silver cord at the craft store to hang them with.




 They are pretty fragile. I have wrapped them carefully in tissue after taking them down each year, but 1 or 2 have broken and a few (not more than 6 or so) of the silver dragees have fallen off. This star is chipped. Now I'm carefully packing them with bubble wrap. They are stored in a cool place in my basement.




   The cookie cutters are big...about 6" across.



This Christmas tree was shown in the MS magazine:





These are other great ideas for using the cookie cutters.






1 comment:

  1. What a nice surprise to find my photo of my cookie cutters here on your blog! The Martha by Mail copper cookie cutters created by Michael Bonne are truly spectacular and I'm delight that you are enjoying them as much as I and other collectors do!

    Janet
    www.thearmymom.com

    ReplyDelete