Google+ Followers

Friday, August 9, 2013

Floor Cloth FUN!

At our family reunion last month several of us brought canvas to make floorcloths. Most of them were 2' x 4'. Mine was 5' x 5'. You can buy the canvas at Home Depot. Made by Everbilt.




Before going to the reunion we primed our canvas. First I used spray paint primer outside, but it just didn't coat it too well so I decided to roll it on with a paint roller. Working in the garage, I laid down on a large piece of cardboard and rolled on a coat of interior wall paint. It covered the canvas much better. I used a neutral gray, but you could use any color for your background. For the actual design part, we used acrylics in the larger bottles & tubes with large artist paintbrushes.

Let the fun begin! I handed my camera to my friend, Margie and asked her to take as many pictures as she could: 
































We laid the floor cloths in the sun to dry




Finished Floorcloths! The kids had so much fun doing this! Note: I didn't get a picture of some of the adult's finished floorcloths  
:(
















This is my finished floor cloth below. Now all I have to do is spray with a good protective finish. I think I'll use a Krylon clear coat on it.


Who says you can't get a little paint on you!  





No comments:

Post a Comment