Before going to the reunion we primed our canvas. First I used spray paint primer outside, but it just didn't coat it too well so I decided to roll it on with a paint roller. Working in the garage, I laid down on a large piece of cardboard and rolled on a coat of interior wall paint. It covered the canvas much better. I used a neutral gray, but you could use any color for your background. For the actual design part, we used acrylics in the larger bottles & tubes with large artist paintbrushes.
Let the fun begin! I handed my camera to my friend, Margie and asked her to take as many pictures as she could:
We laid the floor cloths in the sun to dry
Finished Floorcloths! The kids had so much fun doing this! Note: I didn't get a picture of some of the adult's finished floorcloths
This is my finished floor cloth below. Now all I have to do is spray with a good protective finish. I think I'll use a Krylon clear coat on it.
Who says you can't get a little paint on you!