Google+ Followers

Thursday, August 1, 2013

An Unfinished Quilt

A few family members decided to make quilt squares and exchange them with each other. See that long skinny square n the left, middle? Some of the family members did not come through and make a square so I decided to make the remaining quilt square depicting my niece and my daughter sledding together.





You can see that I'm really anxious to join these quilt squares. I already have the sashing fabric chosen!






I used photos of my niece and daughter when they were about 10 years old to make my drawing of their faces. I drew their faces onto a plain muslin fabric. The one of the left is my niece. I cut out the 'face' fabric leaving a 1/4" seam allowance.  I cut another piece of fabric the same size and sewed the 2 pieces together leaving about 1/2" open at the top. The one on the left is already lightly stuffed with batting.





Now for their bodies. I drew a sketch of how they might have looked on the sled.



Yarn for their hair



Stay tuned on how this turns out (or not)!



No comments:

Post a Comment