Google+ Followers

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mini Berry Pie




I saw a very similiar recipe like this on Pinerest, Click Here, but I decided that I just didn't want to use Phyllo Dough and all of those berries. I like simple so why not pie crust and just 2 of my favorite berries? So that is what I did! First I made that wonderful Pastry Cream mentioned in the original recipe, Click Here.
I waited until the next day so the pastry cream could set up according to the directions.
I used my favorite pie crust recipe for a 2 crust pie crust, rolled out and cut into large 4" cirlces. I gently pressed into a muffin pan. 2 cups flour, 1 teas salt, 3/4 cup Crisco, 8 tbl (1/2 cup) milk. Use your hand mixer and blend all together. Shape into a ball before rolling out onto a floured surface.
I prebaked the pastry for about 5 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
I scooped the pastry cream into each muffin. Topped with blueberries and raspberries.
Bake for about 7 more minutes in the oven.

I cooled slightly in the pan before removing to the cooling rack. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar! Let cool and refrigerate.  TaDa!

PLEASE leave any comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment