Saturday, January 7, 2012
I made these Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus Cream Cheese appetizers for Christmas Eve. I saw this at a big banquet that I was a server at during the holiday season and thought to myself "that looks easy, maybe I could make that?" I looked on the internet and found several recipes that showed different ways of making this including using neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese.
2 cups ice
8 asparagus, ends trimmed
1/4 lb prosciutto, sliced thin
1/2 cup cream cheese
- In a stockpot bring water to a boil
- Fill a large bowl with ice and fill with water
- Add the asparagus to the boiling water and parboil for 2 minutes. Remove to the ice bath for 2 minutes to stop the cooking process. Remove to dry.
- Take a piece of prosciutto and lay it flat on your cutting board.
- Spread 1 tbl. of cream cheese over the prosciutto.
- Lay 3 pieces of asparagus on top and roll up